We are very excited about re-opening Starlite Lanes. Before we even learned that businesses in Arizona were reopening, we were working hard on new operating procedures to ensure team health, superior cleaning and sanitation, and proper social distancing, all with the goal of protecting the health of our Team Members and ourGuests. Your safety and wellbeing is the centerpiece of our re-opening plan. With this in mind, we have adopted the following operational changes.
Team Member Health: All Team Members will go through wellness assessments, when they will be asked about recent personal travels outside our community, and whether they have had any known contact with a COVID-19 case. All Team Members will have their temperature taken before starting their shift, and any Team Member who exhibits signs of illness, such as fever over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, cough, or shortness of breath will be sent home. Gloves will be worn by all Team Members in the food service areas. All Starlite Lanes Team Members have been instructed to wash their hands (or use sanitizer when a sink is not available) every 60 minutes (for 20 seconds) or after any physicalGuest contact. We will employ the use of timers to ensure these measures take place.
Cleaning and Sanitation: The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces. All Team Members have received training on new COVID-19 safety and sanitation processes. Hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout our building to ensure Team Members and Guests have access to them at all times. In addition to cleaning and sanitizing continually, we have also implemented the following changes to how we operate:
- All bowling balls will be removed from their normal house racks. Each pair of lanes will be stocked with a variety of house balls set out beforehand on the ball returns. If a different weight/finger hole size is needed, please ask for assistance from one of our Team Members, and we will provide a sanitized ball that fits your needs.
- Rental Shoes will be sanitized before and after each use. We ask that Guests please leave bowling balls and rental shoes in the bowlers’ area. They will be cleaned and sanitized after you leave.
- Single-use paper menus will be provided to Guests on the Bowling Lanes and in the Restaurant/Bar areas and discarded after each use.
- Food and Beverage Service - All food items will be served using disposable plates, cutlery, cups, etc. All condiments (Ketchup, Mustard and Mayo) will be served for single use. Bar patrons will have a choice of traditional glassware or disposables.
- Restrooms will be cleaned on a regular schedule
- We have improved our internal HVAC filtration dramatically by installing MERV13 filters. Filters in this category are typically used in hospitals and clean rooms, where airborne contaminants must be almost completely eliminated.
- We will operate Color Splash LED lighting throughout the day. When the UltraViolet light spectrum of our lighting system is turned on, our center receives statistically significant antimicrobial disinfection.
*These measures form the foundation to our sanitation plan at Starlite Lanes. They have been adopted to ensure the safety of our Team Members and Guests. If at any time there is a concern about the cleanliness of any item in our venue, one of our Team Members will happily disinfect it again for you prior to its use.
Social Distancing: Guests and Team Members must practice proper social distancing by standing 6 feet away from other groups that are not with them in line, dining, bowling or playing in the arcade (once reopened). Starlite Lanes commits to comply with all local and state mandated occupancy limits. Starlite Lanes has marked its floor with colorful graphics to help maintain social distance while waiting in line.
- Bowling lanes will operate at 50% capacity, with every other lane closed to maintain proper distancing. Starting times will be staggered, with no more than two lanes starting play at the same time. Maximum group size in a single bowling area is 6, less than re-opening requirements. Turnaround times between lane use is30 minutes, giving us ample time to completely sanitize the bowling area prior to the next guests arriving.
- Our Bar seating area will have reduced seating capacity to allow for 6 foot spacing between Guests. No more than 6 Guests will be permitted at any one table.
- We are encouraging the use of reservations and prepaying by credit/debit card ahead of time.
- We are changing the flow of traffic in and out of our facility as we seek to minimize social contact with one another.
**While every measure has been taken to provide you a safe environment, we cannot take responsibility for the health of Team Members or Guests. **